This approach represents a triple-bottom-line philosophy of social, economic and environmental sustainability, resulting in a revitalized downtown New Rochelle that is once again a regional magnet for economic and cultural prosperity.
In order to achieve these goals we incorporate:
- Healthy places as defined by the Urban Land Institute 10 Principles for Building Healthy Places
- Local economic development principles as defined by the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) Guiding Vision
- Smart Growth principles as defined by the Principles of the Smart Growth Network
- Placemaking principles as defined by The Charter for the New Urbanism
- Green standards as defined by U.S. Green Building Council LEED-ND Green Neighborhood Design Guidelines